PLEASE SCROLL DOWN PAGE FOR ADDITIONAL INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIE
Marketing and Communications Intern (Ongoing)
Summer Operations Intern
WHO YOU ARE
We’re searching for a recent college graduate, or graduate student, to join our team as a full-time (40 hours per week), paid fellow. At Proof, you won’t be a glorified paper-pusher. We’ll give you real public relations and marketing work, with the end goal of having you rise in the ranks. Full-time fellows are actively considered for entry-level, account positions within the agency as such jobs become available. If you’re our ideal candidate, you have a strong desire to learn, thrive in at a fast-paced agency, and are extremely detail oriented. If you’re comfortable conducting research and working on projects where you aren’t necessarily an expert on the subject matter, please apply!
- Write blog posts, social media posts, copy for digital ad campaigns, and press releases.
- Assist with media relations including pitching and influencer outreach.
- Research stats and facts, new contacts for media lists and influencer outreach.
- Draft media pitches and materials (such as backgrounders).
- Create and maintain media and stakeholder lists.
- Monitor media coverage and influencer postings.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of public relations and marketing communications programs for a variety of clients.
- Assist with administrative tasks: team support, meeting set-up, media training sessions which include equipment knowledge, set-up and catering coordination.
- Educated. BA/BS in marketing, PR, communications or related field.
- Experienced. Agency or communications office experience strongly preferred.
- Whatever it takes. Proven ability to “get-the-job-done.” Agency life sometimes means late nights (…with work or happy hours).
- Articulate. Strong writing skills with ability to communicate points-of-view succinctly, thoroughly, and convincingly.
- Innovative. Creative and strategic thinker.
- Friendly. We like to work with people we like.
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on Proof Strategies’ website.
B. Riley Financial
B. Riley Financial is seeking full-time summer interns to join their investment banking team in our Arlington, VA office for eight weeks.
As An Investment Banking Analyst Intern, You Will:
- Assist with preparation of pitch books, teasers, confidential information memorandums and management presentations
- Assist deal teams with necessary day to day responsibilities
- Perform financial analysis, valuation and financial modeling
- Research, compile and analyze data on various industries and companies
- Support business development activities of senior B. Riley FBR professionals
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on B. Riley Financial’s website.
This internship is designed for candidates with a strong academic background, preferably in business or real estate. Applicants should be self-motivated, creative and disciplined, seeking to excel in the commercial real estate industry.
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on CRBE’s website.
Business Operations Intern
Business Operations Intern
TOMIA is seeking a motivated and driven Business Operations Intern for Summer 2019. The ideal candidate must be able to learn quickly, work independently, and take initiative to assist the team as needed. Must be able to dedicate 3 days/week and be on-site in our Vienna, VA office during those hours.
TOMIA was formed from the merger of Starhome Mach and Telarix, industry veterans in Roaming and Interconnect. TOMIA offers transformative connectivity solutions to service providers worldwide. Its innovative offering enables customers to manage a unified optimization process of both roaming and interconnect while driving the future of connectivity through new technologies and services such as VoLTE, NFV, and 5G. With over 500 employees worldwide, regional headquarters in the US, Israel, Luxembourg, India, and a presence in over 30 countries, Tomia serves over 400 operators including 30 tier-1 and six of the industry’s largest groups. To learn more visit www.tomiaglobal.com.
- Support the execution of TOMIA Net Promoter Skill (NPS) in June.
- Support integration of NPS results and contacts into Salesforce system
- Support TOMIA Customer Success program by contributing to the Business Operations and System Standards project.
- Contribute to building customer success models for customer base
- Must be well versed in computer applications and internet usage
- Ability to follow directions with minimal guidance
- Excellent MS Office Skills, especially in navigating MS Excel
- Strong Data entry skills with ability to move quickly through mass quantities of data while ensuring accuracy
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Available to work 3 days per week on-site in Vienna, VA (Tyson’s Corner)
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on Tomia’s website.
Business Development Intern
Acuity, Inc. is seeking candidates for a summer Internship opportunity supporting our corporate Business Development efforts.
Acuity is a leading management and technology consulting firm that specializes in serving the federal government. Our innovative, collaborative and rewarding work environment has earned repeat honors from the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work and SmartCEO Corporate Culture awards. We are looking for new talent to add to our growing team and are currently hiring additional College Interns.
The duration of the internship will be June 17-Aug 23. Scope of the 11-week project includes the following:
- Understand and validate requirements and outcome
- Work with Finance, BD, BU and Salesforce representatives to draft business process and define data elements to collect, aggregate and use data visualization best practices for the dashboard
- Validate data integrity
- Create pilot solution with National Security Business Unit
- Receive and incorporate feedback
- Present Acuity dashboard to Acuity leadership
- Receive and incorporate feedback
- Present final dashboard and business process
Work will be performed at the Acuity Headquarters in Reston, Virginia or at client sites in the DC Metro and NoVA areas.
Working towards a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or other related degree
- Knowledge of databases (ie. Oracle, SQL, MySQL etc)
- Knowledge of data analytics
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM tools would be helpful
- Experience with Sharepoint
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on Acuity’s website.
Business Analyst Summer Intern
Responsibilities may include:
· Enable effective decision making by analyzing data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
· Identify process and system improvement opportunities by monitoring existent metrics, analyzing data and partnering with internal teams
· Design and develop automated reporting solutions to enable stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions
· Supporting cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of the existent program implementation.
· Driving customer experience enhancement projects’
· Must be able to work 40 hours a week throughout the course of the 12 week internship
The expertise you’ll develop in the role:
· Ability to break down and solve complex problems
· Develop high impact and scalable solutions
· Translate massive data sets into actionable business results
· Expand feature sets globally
· Build strategy on new businesses
· Currently pursuing a Bachelors Degree in business, finance, economics, information systems, Engineering, or a related field
· At least 1 year of Excel experience (including but not limited to vlookup, Write/edit VB)
· Top-tier academic performance at the undergraduate level
· Open to all Majors but preferred: Business, Computer, Data Engineering, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Science, Statistics, Symbolic Systems
· Ability to break down and solve complex problems in a high-energy, fast paced environment
· Ability to think and act both strategically and tactically
· Microsoft Power BI/Power Query
· Basic knowledge of Tableau
· Work, internship, or other leadership experience in a professional environment
· Exceptional written and verbal communication
· Good organizational skills, including prioritization and time management
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on Amazon’s website.
Communication Analyst Intern
- The intern will assist in writing reports, reviewing briefings, and make recommendations for improving the process and the products that they touch.
- Performs administrative duties in support of a department or customer. Works on a short-term, seasonal basis.
- Be available for up to 32 hours per week at the Fairfax, VA office.
Mandatory Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
- Pursuit of a degree in marketing, communications, public relations or journalism
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and pull together integrated communications campaigns
- Exceptional writing, editing and oral communications skills with the ability to convey highly complex information in clear, compelling ways.
- Experience using digital marketing technology tools for content publishing and reporting
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative, congenial and team-oriented personality
Desired Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
Salient CRGT is a leading provider of health, data analytics, cloud, agile software development, mobility, cyber security, and infrastructure solutions. We support these core capabilities with full lifecycle IT services and training to help our customers meet critical goals for pivotal missions. We are purpose-built for IT transformation supporting federal civilian, defense, homeland, and intelligence agencies, as well as Fortune 1000 companies.
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on Salient CRGT’s website.
Logistics Operations Intern
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
- Working within our systems and data – building reports, completing analysis, etc.
- Learning — understanding logistics frameworks, strategies and processes to build Carmax as a first in class logistics provider
- Collaborating – partnering with leaders across the organization to learn about our business and identifying creative ways to solve problems (with or without data)
- Innovating – being bold in the pursuit of excellence and identifying opportunities to leverage your expertise to drive meaningful impacts to the business
- Influencing – presenting game-changing insights to senior executives and driving action
- Having fun – enjoying the unique culture we offer at CarMax, including a healthy work/life balance
What we offer
- Unique Community: Join our community of more than 100 analysts, from various backgrounds and experiences, and find yourself with the opportunity to develop professional relationships that expand your focus area. CarMax was recognized recently by FlexJobs & Forbes as a top company for millennials seeking work-life balance.
- Meaningful Work: You have the opportunity to make a difference in the logistics community by working on real projects that have an impact on CarMax.
- Internship Community: You will be a part of a larger internship program with the opportunity to participate in trainings, attend fun events, and network within the business.
- Training Opportunities: Your development will begin with learning more about logistics opportunities within Carmax. Beyond functional training, you will have opportunities to strengthen your skills in leadership, communication, and analysis & decision making that will further your growth at CarMax.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Enthusiasm for problem-solving
- Top-caliber critical thinking skills and analytical curiosity
- Highly organized and proven ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Dedication to continuous improvement and innovation
- Passion for growth, development and learning new things
To be eligible:
- 0 – 2 years of working experience
- Must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
- Logistics, Supply Chain and or Data Science background is a plus
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on CarMax’s website.
Branch Operations Intern
In this internship, you will learn every facet of direct consumer lending, including business development and sales, credit underwriting and client servicing. And through your understanding of our personal loan products, you will establish and build customer relationships as you assist consumers in making educated decisions that help them achieve their financial goals.
Skills and areas of expertise you can expect to learn:
- Laws that govern the consumer finance business
- How to approve and close loans
- Resolution training
- Insurance claims records, and reports
- Supply requisitions
- Balancing cash drawers, balance sheet reconciliation, and audits
- Accounts receivable and payable
The rewards your commitment deserves
- Part-time hours that work around your class schedule
- Weekend and Evening flexibility (limited Saturdays!!)
- Referral bonuses
- Competitive hourly wages
- Fast track to management**
The right qualifications for success
Ideal candidates for the Regional Finance Manager Trainee program internship will have high energy and the drive to succeed, and will fit the following profile:
- Current college sophomore, junior or senior pursuing a business-related degree
- Flexible hours
- Willing to work some evenings and weekends
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Sales and leadership ability or experience
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on Regional Finance’s website.
Marketing Communications Intern
Expectations & Responsibilities:
- Support the execution of campaigns, product launches, exhibitions, conferences, sales meetings and events
- Participate in content development for use in various media
- Support CRM actions and reporting related to marcom initiatives
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities of the Successful Candidate:
- Pursuing degree or certificate in communications, marketing or similar
- Coursework or experience in communications, marketing or similar
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Experience with web content, digital and social media developments
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages; content management systems; desktop publishing software (InDesign); media software (PhotoShop); social media platforms (LinkedIn)
- Strong team player, high levels of collaboration
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on Alfa Lava’s website.
Virginia Beach Area
Sales and Marketing Operations Intern
Dominion Dealer Solutions is looking for a PAID intern this summer to support our Sales and Marketing team.
The Sales & Marketing Operations Intern will assist with marketing program reporting, lead generation reporting and dissemination to sales representatives, best practice guideline development, general administrative support, and other projects related to data quality improvements and utilization to further the Dominion Dealer Solutions business.
This role reports to the Director of Marketing and Sales Operations Manager.
- Assist the Sales and Marketing leaders in identifying projects to improve the quality of the Company’s current database.
- Create and execute project plans against timelines and checkpoints.
- Develop and present project results summaries to the Sales and Marketing leaders that identify the challenges addressed, solution executed, and demonstrated benefits to the Company.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing leaders to determine metrics and data to help the Company to be increasingly efficient.
- Work with sales and marketing leaders to create database-driven reports from existing software platforms.
- Collaborate with appropriate team members beyond the core sales and marketing function on process improvement to solve identified challenges and internal pain points
- Prepare content for future team reference and train any affected users and leaders.
Requirements and Preferred Skills
- Pursuing BS/BA in Business, Marketing, or related field
- Experience working with Google Docs
- Microsoft Office proficiency, specifically Excel
- Sales and marketing platform experience a plus
- Data management experience a plus
DE interns receive the opportunity to participate in all LiveNFK events. LiveNFK is a program designed to bring together corporate interns and summer associates to network, experience Norfolk, and develop professionally. These events include finance, success in the workplace, and lean thinking seminars, as well as Tides baseball and a sunset cruise on the Elizabeth River.
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on Dominion Enterprises website.
Human Resources Intern
This is a temporary position involving various duties that permit exposure to the student’s field of study and/or provide experience that is a useful addition to the student’s education and meaningful preparation for future professional employment.
Key Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
Employee Recognition: Support the next phase of development and implementation of our employee recognition program (change from Achiever’s Program). Help link the US and UK programs and recommend program ideas/enhancements for a global program/concept that can be implemented in 2020. Will partner with HR and Business Leaders.
Employee/Candidate Branding: conduct research and develop recommendations for enhancing the candidate experience, elevating PRA Group’s image and presence on social media, and highlighting the company as a premier employer. Will partner with HR and Marketing/Communications.
Employee Financial Wellness: conduct research and support the creation of a program designed to help our employees enhance their personal financial wellness, establish an in-house debt repayment plan/option connected to financial education participation. Will partner with HR and Compliance.
- Current enrollment in a program leading to Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education, experience and training in marketing/Communication, Compliance & Operations
- Good organizational skills. Familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Office software, and internet. Strong knowledge and use of Excel. Experience with Access is a plus. Will train on computerized system. Must have effective organizational, communication, time-management and interpersonal skills and high attention to detail. Must be able to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines on tasks to develop professional skill sets.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as the employee works in an office environment, in an individual work station, using telephone and computer. Employee may be required to work evenings and weekends. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on PRA Group’s website.