Bachelors of Science: Business Administration
Class of 2014
2. What is your current position (title, company, location)? Can you describe a typical day?
I own a DJ Business, DJ For All Occasions . Specializing in Weddings & Events. The weddings are typically on the weekends, but during the week I talk with future and current Brides & Groom’s. I also do day-to-day business activities to keep the business rolling from social media to administrative work. Entertaining at events is my favorite part! Serving Fredericksburg, Charlottesville and the surrounding areas!
I work full time at Monticello Media LLC, in Charlottesville, VA.
Radio Personality & Digital Content Manager. I host a Mid-Day show from (10am–3pm) on Hot 101.9 Cville’s Hit Music Station! www.Hot1019cville.com. I also am in charge of the 5 radio stations websites. A typical day is always something FUN, I host my show then work on content for the websites. We also make appearances in the community for lots of different events.
- In May our company expanded to the Blacksburg, Va area, so I also host a Mid- Day Show on Hot 100.7 New River Valleys Hit Music Station, from our studios in Charlottesville. The magic of radio!
3. How did your major prepare you for your current job?
The leadership skills I learned gave me the tools to blend perfectly into the workforce! Both of my jobs, DJ Business & Radio Job, both involve sales and public speaking.
4. How did you become interested in your field?
I took a tour of a Radio Station (93.3 WFLS in Fredericksburg) when I was in the 5th Grade, after going on the air for the first time I was HOOKED! My goal was to make it on the radio one day and along the way I fell in love with being an event DJ!
5. What’s the best career advice you ever received?
BE YOURSELF! When I started at the radio station everyone told me to “Be Myself & Be Honest”, we are in the PEOPLE business. Our job is to brighten someone’s day and be their friend. Being as authentic as possible helps to connect with people and makes you a better employee!
6. Was there a professor, advisor, or fellow student who made an impression on you or helped you when you were at UMW?
I really admired the hard work/real world examples that Professor Rob Strassheim taught us in his Finance class!
7. What’s your fondest memory of UMW?
The amazing feeling of walking across the stage to get my degree was a pretty amazing feeling, but I also loved walking around the beautiful campus especially during fall!
8. Are there any special accomplishments you’ve achieved after college that you’d like to share?
I started my radio career in Charlottesville in 2015. Since then I have been honored with a few awards.
Best of Cville for Favorite Radio Personality- 2017 & 2018
Best of Cville Best Wedding DJ- 2018
“Best of the Best’ Executive Leadership Program with the Virginia Association of Broadcasters- Class of 2018
9. How would your family or friends describe you in seven words or less?
Kevin is Entertaining, Caring, Hard Working, & FUN!
10. In one sentence, what advice would you give current business students?
Work hard and take advantage of every opportunity UMW offers, and BE YOURSELF!