I majored in Business Administration graduating in 2015
2. What is your current position (title, company, location)? Can you describe a typical day?
I currently work for Assurant, based out of Chicago, IL. I am one of the District Managers for the Northeast Region
In short, a typical work day for me consists of – driving to whatever Automotive Dealership I have scheduled for that day. Checking in with the General Manager and Finance Director to review my tasks for the day. I will either complete an audit, train one of their staff members, visit with the service department to handle any issues, or do all 3. I then depart that dealership and visit at least one more during that day. I typically visit 2 dealerships in one day while simultaneously being on call to handle any other tasks needed for the other 15 that I manage.
3. How did your major prepare you for your current job?
My major prepared me for this current job because I took various courses that focused on strategizing, marketing, and communicating. The material we learned in those courses is something that I use all day, every day. Whether it is preparing for my month/week, communicating properly with the dealerships I manage, or marketing to new clients.
4. How did you become interested in your field?
Originally, I gave my position a shot because I wanted to do something different. I began to love it when I realized that I had a lot of flexibility to express my ideas and I never felt bored. I continuously learn new things and I have room to advance and grow.
5. What’s the best career advice you ever received?
Never settle! Rarely will you find a job that fits 100% of what you want, but there are plenty out there that will come close. Find it.
6. Was there a professor, advisor, or fellow student who made an impression on you or helped you when you were at UMW?
There were a handful of professors and students that left impressions on me. That is one of the main reasons I loved UMW. I always had support and felt like people were always open to assist.
7. What’s your fondest memory of UMW?
I have a lot of fond memories of UMW, but I believe the one that sticks with me the most is the day that the UMW Women’s Rugby Team won the 2014 National Championship. That will be a day I will never forget.
8. How would your family or friends describe you in seven words or less?
Dedicated, Persistent, Extroverted and Loving
9. In one sentence, what advice would you give current business students?
It’s never too early to start networking and asking questions about different opportunities.