Major: Business Administration
Minor: Sports Management
Graduated: May 2018
2. Tell us about your current position. Can you describe a typical day?
Management Development Program in the Claims Department at GEICO
A typical day includes determining liability in an accident and working with our customers.
3. How do you think your major/program prepared you for the job you have now?
My major prepared me for my job by developing my problem solving skills.
4. How did you become interested in your field?
I became interested in my field by attending the job fair my junior year at UMW.
5. What’s the best career advice you have ever received?
The best career advice I have ever received is to make connections and to learn from the people around you.
6. Was there a professor, advisor, or fellow student who made an impression on you or helped you when you were at UMW?
Lynne and Woody Richardson really impacted my time at UMW by always helping me strive to my fullest potential.
7. What’s your fondest memory of UMW?
My fondest memory at UMW would be traveling to California while on the UMW Women’s Tennis Team.
8. Are there any special accomplishments you’ve achieved after college that you would like to share?
A special accomplishment I have is that this year I will be moving into supervision.
9. How would your family or friends describe you in seven words or less?
My family and friends would describe me as competitive, dedicated, and motivated.
10. What’s the single most important advice you’d like to give to current business students?
Use your resources and make connections with the professors at UMW.