Grounded in the liberal arts and centrally located between Washington DC and Richmond, the College of Business develops critical thinkers who are honorable leaders and work collaboratively to innovate, solve business problems, and address societal needs.
To educate with innovation and excellence.
The following values provide members of the College of Business community with a shared sense of vision and aspiration:
1. Diversity. Diversity, in its broadest sense, is key to our learning organization.
2. Scholarship. We value the creation and pursuit of knowledge by students and faculty that result in publications and innovative business ideas.
3. Integrity. Honesty and fairness is at the core of our internal and external relationships.
4. Partnerships. We are committed to engaging in partnerships with other colleges of the University, community organizations, alumni and business
affiliates to extend the reach and impact of our mission.
5. Service. We are committed to working with our stakeholders to provide service opportunities as a valued business resource.
6. Quality. We strive to be excellent in all that we do.
|COB Strategic Initiatives
1. Attain AACSB accreditation
2. Deliver market-driven programs
3. Build financial and infrastructure resources
4. Enhance collaborations with stakeholders
*Adopted November 2020 by the COB Leadership Team