PLEASE SCROLL DOWN PAGE FOR ADDITIONAL INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Project Director Intern-to-Hire
Beautiful Home Services
Beautiful Home Services is an established and growing DC Area Home Improvement Contractor specializing in interior/exterior painting, bathroom and kitchen remodeling, basement remodeling and more. We are seeking a Project Director – Intern to join the team.
Personality Traits Required to Perform Job Effectively
Highly Organized – Able to Manage Many Project Simultaneously
Essential Job Functions
- Work closely with the Estimators/Sales Team to insure full understanding of the scope of work for each contract prior to contacting clients.
- Manage the materials process to insure their projects begin on time as scheduled.
- Visit client homes as needed to collect additional information.
- Provide clients with detailed shopping list for their project and guide each to the proper vendors for selecting their materials, including assisting with making appointments as necessary.
- Work closely with vendors to make sure the items clients choose fit within their contract scope, are the correct quantities, and will be available on time.
- Maintain contact with clients throughout materials selection process in order to answer questions along the way and collect all information on the materials purchased for the client file.
- Schedule client deliveries to project site.
- Field questions from the Production Team prior to start of projects to make sure all client and material information is clear.
We offer a very family oriented work environment and excellent opportunity to grow and expand within the company. Interest in the Construction/Home Improvement Industry. Must thrive on direct client interaction! Constant active communication with clients is vital to this role. Ability to read and understand contacts is necessary, asking questions as needed. We are a very team oriented environment. This is an internship role, so a willingness to learn is required.
Compensation is based on qualifications.
Position will begin Summer 2019 through mid-end of November 2019 with the potential to become permanent after the internship period.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Financial Data Analyst
The Data Analyst is responsible for maintaining documentation and records proficiently to ensure correctness and promptness of deliverables. This person will also perform routine financial reporting and general administrative duties.
Thriveworks exists to offer a positive, empowering, and life-enriching experience for our clients. We provide excellent service that helps our clients dramatically improve their happiness, relationships, and life success.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field
- Minimum 1 year of data collection & analysis experience
- Proven track record of being able to manage projects independently, with little coaching or guidance
- Outstanding financial and analytical skills
- Project Management: Ability to organize and coordinate work within schedule constraints and handle emergent requirements in a timely manner.
- Multitasking: Ability to monitor important and complex projects concurrently.
- Communication: Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, to include writing and preparing emails, letters, order updates/correspondence within our computer systems, and other official correspondence.
- Computer Competency: Requires intermediate to advanced skills in Excel, knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google mail and docs, and other software.
- Customer Service: Ability to deliver and ensure customer satisfaction with a healthcare professional licensing product through superior administration and communication.
- Initiative/Self Starter: Ability to assess and initiate actions independently, with little coaching or supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to use prescribed or ad hoc methods, in an orderly manner, for finding solutions to problems.
Essential functions, including how an individual is to perform them and frequency at which the tasks are performed:
- Distribute relevant monthly financial statements & invoices
- Maintain and improve budgetary and purchase order systems
- Work in tandem with director of finance to deploy historical financial data for financial planning and analysis
- Provide ad-hoc financial reporting when requested, as well as year-end ledgers required for tax purposes
- Comply with federal, state, and local requirements by studying requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements, and seeking advice from our accountant as needed
- Maintain proper historical records (e.g. monthly financials, necessary vendor information, etc.)
- Maintain office supply order within budget
- Ensure accurate billing of customers
- Handle billing problems and disputes
- Improve and redesign processes
- Maintain records and documentation
- Maintain confidentiality of information
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on Thriveworks’ website.
Contract QUSEM Coordinator
Kaeser Compressors, Inc.
The selected candidate will:
• Provide intra-departmental support including:
• Certificate of Insurance Initiatives, including beginning of year and maintenance in portal for all third party admins
• Special projects/initiatives as called for by customer driven requirements
• Assist with internal audit form creation, completion, upload and follow-ups (focus on special audit program implementation)
• Assist with review of completed checks and releasing into the QUSEM System.
• Assist with creation, update and maintenance of Company’s documentation
• Intake for customer complaint calls.
• Daily monitoring and processing of complaints entered into Company’s CRM module.
• Create and analyze reports relating to customer complaints on a weekly and monthly basis to ensure a high level of quality and follow-up.
• Responsible for learning and following all applicable procedures and work instructions relating to the Company’s quality and environmental system
• Performs all other duties assigned by the Manager
The successful candidate’s background will include:
• High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferred
• Expert verbal and written English proficiency
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Outlook, SAP experience preferred
• 3 years customer service experience required, commercial or industrial experience preferred
• Regular physical attendance at the worksite
• Some travel is required
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on Kaeser Compressor’s website.
Junior Financial Analyst
Seeking a qualified, dependable and energetic Junior Level Financial Analyst to support a major Department of Defense command. The candidate is expected to provide client support during core business hours at the Client site in Stafford, VA, or as required, one of the two other sites (Quantico Corporate Center, Quantico MCB). The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting financial management activities of a Marine Corps Program Office and maintain a DOD security clearance.
Initial responsibilities include assisting with reporting current financial status, conducting the Tri-annual Review and other Financial Execution support. Position requires the ability to be detail oriented and maintain communication with customers and teammates by anticipating, identifying and recommending solutions. Experience in DoD financial systems to include: PRBuilder, SABRS, SMARTS, WAWF, CHOOSE, NHS and SharePoint is desired
- College degree or 4 years relevant experience
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Very organized and detail oriented
- BS/BA in Business or Finance related fields
- 1-2 years in DoD Financial Execution
- Experienced with Navy/Marine Corps financial systems
- Experience with SharePoint and Microsoft PowerPoint
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on ECS Federal’s website.
Army/Navy Country Club
The Marketing Coordinator reports to the Assistant General Manager, Director of Marketing, Communications and Membership. The Marketing Coordinator will be a key part of the Marketing and Membership department and will be responsible for supporting and executing on the Club’s marketing and communications strategies. In this role, the Marketing Coordinator will handle all marketing and communications related projects for both the internal and external audience.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the creation of marketing and communications related materials, both online and in print, and to ensure brand consistency across all departments. The Marketing Coordinator designs and distributes the monthly E-newsletter and ensures timely print and distribution on the printed version as well.
Additionally, the Marketing Coordinator updates and maintains the Club’s website using the MembersFirst content management system. This includes assistance to the Membership regarding online access and navigation questions. The Marketing Coordinator will assist the Director of Marketing, Communications and Membership with brainstorming and execution of marketing and PR campaigns.
· Maintain and update the Club’s website and develop new and fresh ideas for increasing Member participation and usage of Club’s activities and facilities
· Assist all departments with online functions via the Club’s website, including setting up reservation and registrations for Club events
· Act as point of contact/facilitator for the flow of marketing information between the Club and the Membership, including assistance related to access and usage/navigation of the Club’s website
· Create and distribute email marketing and communications to the Membership through the Club’s designated system
· Design the monthly printed/digital newsletter and ensure 100% accuracy of the content by coordinating with all departments
· Work with the Director of Marketing, Communications and Membership with brainstorming and execution of marketing and PR campaigns
· Assist with copywriting, design and any administrative activities to support the creation of Club’s marketing and communications materials
· Act as the “Brand Ambassador” to ensure brand consistency throughout all of the Club’s online and printed marketing materials
· Assist in the creation of Membership satisfaction survey and analysis of results
· Develop full understanding of the Club’s business in order to effectively contribute to marketing/communications planning and brainstorming
· Act as point of contact with printers and the Club’s website maintenance provider
· Maintain information in the CMS as it relates to marketing and communications
· Fulfill other organizational marketing and communications needs as necessary, including conducting tours of the Club for prospective members
· Other duties as assigned
· Update and maintain the Club’s online database via the website’s administrative tools and functions
· Participates during team strategy opportunities to support overall goals
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, English/journalism, or a related communications field
· 1-2 years of marketing, communications, media or public relations experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Content management experience preferred, including mass emails
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), basic HTML, Google Analytics, and Microsoft Office
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
· Strong organizational skills required; including good time management skills and absolute attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively with multiple individuals and multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines
- Proven track record of completing projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must be results oriented, with ability to demonstrate sense of urgency as needed
- Motivated, reliable self-starter with an ability to work within a team
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on the Army/Navy Country Club’s website.
Delta Resources, Inc.
This position handles various aspects of accounting for the organization. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining general ledger accounts, preparing/posting general journal entries, and budget and audit preparation. We are looking for a high-energy individual with attention to details who is comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment that is deadline oriented.
|Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• General Accounting Functions
• Daily review dashboard for immediate or future actions
• Prepare/Update “How To” instructions for all employees if necessary
• Assists with state and local reporting, maintains tax compliance and records as assigned
• Assist with accounts payable as necessary
• Process semi-monthly timesheets and required labor adjustments
• Process semi-monthly leave accrual
• Track, Reconcile, and process monthly fixed assets entry, maintains depreciation schedules and ensures the proper recording of additions and disposals
• Daily process cash receipts
• Monthly cash reconciliation
• Manage Metro/Parking benefit for appropriate employee deduction and tax reporting
• Communicates with staff, customers, vendors, etc. regarding accounting issues
• Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts
• Assists with month end closing processes
• Responsible for ordering office supplies
• Tracks department metrics to be reported to the Assistant Controller
• Assists with budget and annual audit preparation
• Completes other assignments and projects as requiredRequired Qualifications:
Preferred Software Experience:
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on Delta Resources’ website.
Marketing and Communications Associate, Oceans
Environmental Defense Fund
The Marketing and Communications Associate is a key member of the Oceans Communications Team and plays a critical role tracking and monitoring media for the program, developing communications materials, pitching media and supporting various integrated communications campaigns for the program. The position reports to the Communications Director for the Oceans Program at Environmental Defense Fund. Ideal candidates are self-motivated and detail-oriented with a passion for the environment.
- Manage media reporting and monitoring for the program, including daily clips, social media performance and quarterly earned media audits.
- Conduct regular research on potential media targets for program initiatives and maintain robust media lists in Cision.
- Under the direction of the Senior Director and Director, regularly pitch traditional and online media and identify story opportunities, create angles, manage inquiries and build relationships
- Contribute to the creation of communications materials, including press releases, blog posts, op-eds, video, brochures, infographics, etc., including the occasional management of internal and external creative partners, as well as printing and shipping of materials.
- Write, edit and schedule content for social media outlets including Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin.
- Help manage program marketing assets, including photography, video and graphics.
- Serve as a utility player on the communications team, taking a variety of assignment from writing and research assignments to developing a PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience in Public Relations or Marketing.
- Solid working knowledge of WordPress or other content management systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic knowledge of graphic design and training on the Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- A strategic thinker, with knowledge of current media trends, including the evolution of online media and social networking
- Must have excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Can manage multiple projects at the same time, make quick judgements while maintaining a positive, solutions-focused attitude
- Ability to work collaboratively with Marketing & Communications team members to contribute to team initiatives
- A passion for environmental sustainability and natural resource management
- Willingness to do what it takes to complete projects with a dedication to quality and innovative thinking
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on the Environmental Defense Fund’s website.
Marketing Specialist – Designer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Works directly with marketing director, marketing managers, and graphic designers to prepare proposal materials, including writing, editing, verifying and formatting proposal information. Ensures schedules are met and the various aspects of proposals, presentations, and other marketing activities are accurate and concisely delivered in a timely manner.
Creates a wide variety of templated and non-templated, company-sanctioned marketing materials that may include maps, advertisements, demographic reports and executive summary brochures for in-house and client presentations using advanced desktop, graphic, and mapping software.
Writes and reviews internal and external collateral materials, proofreads content, ensures appropriate branding and approves materials for final distribution.
Assists in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies and performs research and analysis to support those strategies.
Assists local office leadership in preparing various marketing materials as needed on an ad hoc basis.
Maintains and updates marketing library of standard company boilerplate proposals, presentations, and other collateral materials.
Provides marketing education and training on tools and resources, as well as technical assistance, to staff.
Provides quality control for mass e-mail broadcasts, ensuring that appropriate branding, content, and formatting are used.
Can-do attitude, flexible, and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven atmosphere.
Other duties may be assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Entry-Level Tax Associate – For Fall 2019
› To provide quality service to our clients
› To provide fulfilling careers to our staff
› To share our time and resources to give back to the community
› Requires knowledge of general accounting and taxation principles with an understanding of standard bookkeeping practices and procedures, and good comprehension of the public accounting profession
› Perform basic accounting and tax related tasks
› Maintain working knowledge of tax regulations in order to answer clients’ questions
› Review tax information submitted by client for completeness. Meet with or call clients with related questions
› Prepare payroll tax, sales tax, and other local tax returns
› Prepare basic income tax and informational returns
› Perform tax research projects requiring minimal expertise
› Maintain good understanding of depreciation and depreciation computer software packages in order to set up clients and read and understand depreciation reports
› Make adjusting entries and complete trial balances in order to prepare a tax return
› Develop appropriate computer skills including standard office software (word processing, spreadsheets, and time entry), tax preparation software, and financial statement software
› Contribute to a positive work environment
› College graduate with degree in accounting. Course load meets the requirements to take the uniform CPA Examination and be a licensed CPA
› PC operating knowledge with familiarity of accounting software programs
› Good technical and analytical skills in taxation, general ledger, payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
› Prepare and sit for the uniform CPA examination (CPA license a plus)
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on Keiter’s website.
Event Marketing Specialist
The Event Marketing Specialist role at ABS requires a high degree of planning, creativity, organization and execution. This individual is primarily responsible for planning and executing all internal and external events while completing other Marketing responsibilities as assigned. This individual will report directly to the Marketing Coordinator; as such, the employee is required to work in Richmond, VA.
- Event Coordination
- Internal and External Client + Partner Facing Events: Attend and/or manage the following to varying degrees of involvement as directed by the Marketing Coordinator: Major Marketing-led Events, Account Manager Led Events, ABS-led Internal Events, Health + Wellness Internal Events, Training Summits & Kick Offs, Employee Appreciation, and Community Charitable Events.
- Social Media: Take photos at events as assigned and post to Facebook + Instagram stories, send photos to Digital Marketing Partner with event details for future social posts
- Corporate Communications
- Marketing Premiums and Swag Management: Manage and maintain an inventory of premium/swag purchases for internal and external use.
- Employee Enablement
- Marketing Onboarding: Manage the following details of onboarding new employees: Website Updates/Bios, Business Cards and Name Badges
•College degree or equivalent event planning/marketing-related business experience
· Experience in related field
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
· Working knowledge of the most current technologies and products used in the industry
- Basic Technical Competencies Required: Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• General understanding of ABS goods & services
• Self-starter with highly motivated mentality
• Ability to travel to remote sites and work beyond normal business hours
• Willingness to learn new tools and exercise creativity
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on ABS Technology’s website.
Marketing Analytics Analyst
The Analyst, Marketing Analytics will be responsible for delivering actionable consumer insights and behavioral metrics that help the organization:
- Further understand how consumers shop for and sell cars online
- Identify opportunities to attract more customers to carmax.com
- Measure and improve the profitability of our digital acquisition channels
- Develop and enhance strategies that meet evolving consumer and business needs
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
A short, bulleted description of the main challenges and responsibilities of this position – these should be prioritized in order of importance. Keep to approximately 5 bullets.
Purpose of the role
- Design and manage research/analysis initiatives, utilizing in-depth knowledge of CarMax’s business and marketing expertise, to better understand how to improve CarMax’s ability to drive customer traffic.
- Analyze research/analysis data and translate results into clear and useful business insights for the CarMax’s media, communication and creative teams, and department leadership; informing overall marketing strategy and budgeting, creative execution, and media mix.
- Guide and consult with marketing partners on implementation of research/analysis recommendations.
- Create and distribute reports to influence strategic decision-making
Qualifications and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative major with 2+ years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical thinker with a proven track record of providing actionable insights and clear strategic direction
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods & reporting tools
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate through written reports and oral presentations with all levels of management
- Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to partner with cross-functional teams to deliver work
- Experience/Proficiency with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Statistical Analysis Software; Database experience required
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on CarMax’s website.
Virginia Beach Area
Public Relations and Communications Assistant
World Class Business Solutions
- Managing and executing projects as assigned by the Public Relations and Communications Manager.
- Working with the Public Relations and Communications Manager and key accounts to integrate Public Relations campaigns with customer sales promotions.
- Coordinating in-store service campaigns and maintaining successful field campaign operation.
- Building relationships with customers and communicating promotional services.
- Working with the Public Relations and Communications Manager to develop and refine measurement strategies for Public Relations campaigns.
- Development of promotional marketing materials and visual merchandizing
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers and retail personnel.
- Keeping accurate and timely record of campaign attendance, traffic, and sales.
- Identifying new opportunities and efficiency innovations
- Position will be considered for senior campaign management roles based on performance
We Are Looking For
Talented and hardworking individuals who are looking to start their career with a growing company. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong organizational and leadership abilities.
Not sure if you’re qualified? Relax! No experience is necessary for the Public Relations and Communications Assistant – Entry Level. Comprehensive training and development is provided to ensure every team member can be successful in a career path with the company. College graduates, interns, and candidates looking for a career change are welcome!
- College degree or in the process of completion preferred.
- 0-2 years’ experience in public relations, communications, marketing, sales OR internship in related field an asset.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Level headed problem solver with a professional, service-oriented attitude
- Superb organizational and tracking skills with great attention to detail.
- Adaptable, dependable and responsible.
- Basic understanding of public relations, communications, and marketing concepts and sales strategy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on World Class Business Solutions’ website.
Marketing and Social Media Specialist
Insignia Technology Services
The Marketing and Social Media Specialist will be responsible for managing the growth and engagement of the company marketing strategy. The Marketing and Social Media Specialist will report on key metrics to drive new customer acquisition and continued brand loyalty.
- Responsible for company marketing strategy success, leading the day-to-day management and deliver marketing programs including social media, and email campaigns.
- Works closely with Management to create content for various events, promotions, or company objectives.
- Developing relevant content topics to reach target customers.
- Creating, curating, and managing all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitoring, listening and responding to all social media outlets
- Generating, editing, publishing and sharing daily content that builds meaningful connections.
- Measuring the success of every social media campaign
- Managing content of the company website
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience preferred in social media marketing.
- Strong ability to clearly communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and excel with all social campaigns
- Self-starter with an ability to prioritize projects and deadlines
- Strong written and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software such as Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro or After Effects
- Experience with Hootsuite and Adobe Creative Cloud is preferred.
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on Insignia Technology Services’ website.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for assuring all reconciliations are completed in a timely manner
- Perform Monthly close duties
- Review journal entries prepared by staff for accuracy
- Assist in annual planning budget process and monthly review
- Identify and communicate process improvements and opportunities
- Prepare monthly and quarterly supporting schedules
- Assist in annual and quarterly financial statement audits
- Establish effective communication lines with other departments
- Assist in establishment of all departmental policies
- Assist Manager with special projects as they arise
- Maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance and punctuality
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Must be at least 18 years old.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
Must have compatible career goals and objectives with willingness to obtain CPA/CMA
Must have intermediate or above proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
Must be able to work at our administrative location at 323 Alexander Lee Parkway Williamsburg, VA.
Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
Must be flexible to relocate outside local area/state within a 1-3 year period to accept potential promotional opportunities.
Must have a valid driver’s license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record in the past 3 years.
No drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record (DUI/DWI) within the past 3 years.
Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
For more information, or to apply, please visit the job listing on Enterprise Holding’s website.