1. What was your major/minor and when did you graduate?
Accounting major and graduated May 2019
2. What is your current position (title, company, location)? Can you describe a typical day?
Risk and Financial Advisory Consultant within Deloitte’s Government and Public Services Sector in Arlington, VA. My typical day usually includes attending either internal or client meetings, developing strategies to enable our clients to achieve their mission, and writing process narratives which will be utilized during Audits.
3. How did your major prepare you for your current job?
Accounting provided me with knowledge that I use daily when performing my job, additionally my education helped provide me with soft skills that have been indispensable.
4. How did you become interested in your field?
I had an internship my junior year at a public accounting firm in Orlando where I helped with Audits, through that internship I learned I wanted to help solve problems which led me to look into advisory.
5. What’s the best career advice you ever received?
It’s your career so own it by advocating for yourself.
6. Was there a professor, advisor, or fellow student who made an impression on you or helped you when you were at UMW?
Professor Frackleton and Professor Covington had a huge impact on me during my time at UMW. Their passion for their jobs really encouraged me to pursue accounting.
7. What’s your fondest memory of UMW?
Going to the Elite Eight for Volleyball my Sophomore year!
8. Are there any special accomplishments you’ve achieved after college that you’d like to share?
9. How would your family or friends describe you in seven words or less?
Bubbly, optimistic, team player, hardworking, considerate, reliable, and determined
10. In one sentence, what advice would you give current business students?
You know a lot more than you think you know, so just believe in yourself!