Program Admission Requirements
• Earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
• Successful applicants typically have a GPA of 3.0 or higher for undergraduate course work. We may calculate the GPA of your last 60 credit hours if your cumulative GPA is below 3.0.
• Applicants must have a minimum GMAT score of 400 (or equivalent GRE scores).
• Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
Required Forms and Documents
• Completed application for admission. You can find the application online or you can call the Office of Admission (Stafford Campus) at 540/286- 8030 to request a mailed copy.
• Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work.
• Official GMAT or GRE scores taken within the last five years.
• Résumé outlining work experience and education.
• Demonstration of English competency if English is not your native language. Any of the following is acceptable:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – a minimum score of 88 on the Internet-based test or a 570 paper-based score.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – a minimum score of 6.5 on the academic exam.
- Certificate of completion from the ELS Language Centers (ELS) Intensive English Program by completing Level 112.
• If applicable, the International Student Application Supplement found at umw.edu/admissions.
Recommended Filing Dates
Recommended filing dates are designed to give newly admitted students an optimal opportunity for class registration. We will continue to accept applications on a rolling basis after these dates.
Fall admission: June 1 (March 1 for graduate assistant candidates only*)
Spring admission: October 1
*All applicants for graduate assistant positions must apply for fall admission by March 1. For more information on the GA positions available at UMW, please visit: students.umw.edu/recreation/umw-graduate-assistant-positions. You may also begin the program as a non-degree student. For more information about this option, call the Registrar’s Office at 540/286-8031.
Attend an information session. Find out more at admissions.umw.edu/graduate/information-sessions
Office of Admissions