PLEASE SCROLL DOWN PAGE FOR ADDITIONAL INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Public Finance Associate, Consulting Services (07/2017)
WHO WE ARE
MuniCap, Inc. is a leading public finance consulting firm established in 1997 that specializes in developing and implementing creative approaches to funding public infrastructure, facilities, and services for economic development and urban redevelopment projects, usually involving public-private partnerships.
- Headquartered in Columbia, Maryland with satellite offices in Virginia, South Carolina, and Texas
- Experts in real estate development public finance and public-private partnerships
- Provide consulting services to real estate developers and public agencies
- Provide financial and management oversight related to municipal bond programs
- Completed over 140 financings totaling over $3.6 billion
WHAT WE DO
MuniCap’s primary role is to assist developers and public agencies in developing, implementing and managing public financing plans to create successful public-private partnership development projects. MuniCap’s role is to facilitate tax increment and special tax bond financing through bond issuance, our “consulting services”, as well as to complete the corresponding compliance after bond issuance, our “administrative services”.
Consulting Services Administrative Services
Policy and Finance Program Development Project Monitoring
Project Feasibility and Pro-Forma Analysis Annual Budget Preparation
Fiscal & Economic Impact Analysis Financial Reporting to Bond Holder
Capital Markets/Financing IRS Compliance
We are currently seeking candidates with a bachelor’s degree or MBA with a concentration in Real Estate, Finance, Finance, and/or Economics to join our consulting services team in an entry level position. In this role, you will interact closely with local government agencies and real estate developers. Daily activities will include assisting with:
- Oversight of multiple large scale, catalytic real estate projects and associated clients
- Preparation of economic and fiscal impact analyses and related research
- Preparation of financial projections related to project feasibility
- Valuation of real estate applying the three standard approaches to value
- Preparation of summaries, reports, and PowerPoints related to financial analyses
- Evaluation of private sector pro formas
- Review of public sector policies
- Analysis of bond and debt financing structures
- Review and interpretation of bond and legal documents
- Review and understanding of market studies, appraisals, and engineer reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate Finance, Finance or Economics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent writing skills
- Attention to detail, organization and time management
- Strong communication skills
- Recent graduates should have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
8965 Guilford Road, Columbia, Maryland 21046
Preferred but not required:
- Exposure to QuickBooks, IMPLAN, and Marshall & Swift
- Real estate, development or municipal securities experience
- Series 50 exam
- CFA exam
MuniCap provides a competitive compensation package, including employer paid healthcare, dental, and ancillary benefits, flexible hours, and paid vacation.
For more information on MuniCap please contact us or visit our website at www.municap.com.
Tel: (443) 539 – 4108
Tel: (443) 539 – 4112
Staff Accountant – Northpoint (Bethesda, MD) (06/2017)
Northpoint Realty Partners:
Launched in 2014, Northpoint is a 3rd Party Development, Construction, and Advisory Firm. We specialize in the management of all project phases including planning, design, entitlement, construction, and turnover of commercial, industrial, mixed-use and residential projects. Every day we wake up excited to grow our vision of a group of exceptional builders, invested together to build exceptional projects, for exceptional companies.
Northpoint is currently hiring a Staff Accountant to support the Controller with handling all accounting and finance related duties. This role will support multiple companies that provide architecture, construction, advisory, and real estate development services.
- Assisting with the company’s financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and fixed assets.
- Assist with month-end close process, perform analytical review of results and ensures completeness and accuracy of reporting
- Prepare monthly journal entries and general ledger account and bank reconciliations
- Assist with processing bi-weekly payroll.
- Assist with the coordination for the annual reviewed financial statements and tax returns with the outside accounting firm
- Assist with Vendor Management including setup, insurance and compliance tracking, and lien waiver generation.
- Perform Other duties associated with operations and/or complete special projects as assigned. Additional responsibilities could include assisting with marketing, new accounting system implementation, and process documentation and improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 0-2 years accounting experience
- Experience in MS Excel, Word and Outlook and ability to quickly understand new software packages.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexible, willing, team player attitude.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Full-time, 40 hours
- Looking to fill the position immediately
- Negotiable Salary
- Must apply by June 10, 201
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to:
Northpoint Realty Partners
Southland Industries – Proposal Specialist (Construction) (06/2017)
Southland Industries is a Design Build MEP building systems firm that provides innovative, yet practical engineering, construction, service, building automation, and energy solutions. For almost 65 years, we have been optimizing each stage of the building lifecycle with our in-house expertise and improving how buildings are designed, built, and maintained. We are currently a 700 million dollar company with ambitious growth plans.
If you are creative, a self-starter and love putting together proposals that will help move business forward, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
You’ll work with our Business Teams and take the lead and ownership of all prequalification and proposal preparation. This includes coordinating Bid Proposal preparation, including, but not limited to, scope, resumes, project lists, organization charts and any collateral/support documentation.
What You’ll Need to be Successful:
You possess strong project management skills and can guide proposals through all stages of development from request for proposal analysis to final delivery
If you’re ready for the next big step in your career and want the fast pace and excitement of a growing company, we want you now. Southland Industries is a people centric company that strives to support career growth and a work life balance. We want you to feel excited about getting up in the morning and coming to work. In return, we’ll make sure to provide a fun, supportive and collaborative environment for you to thrive in.
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
To hear what our employees are saying about working at Southland Industries, check out our Career Video – Working at Southland
EEOE/AA/Everify participating Employer
Dulles, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA/DHS) is now hiring students (12/2016)
The Office of Finance and Administration (OFA) is recruiting for several positions as part of the 2016 student recruitment program. The Office of Finance and Administration is responsible for financial, budgetary, and administrative activities that support the mission of TSA.
Student positions within the Office of Finance and Administration include:
- Full-time paid opportunities
- Part-time paid opportunities
- Unprecedented experience related to academic studies
Please submit resume, with “OFA Student Career” in the Subject line, to Recruiter@mailserver-hraccess.tsa.dhs.gov.
Business Administration Assistant (10/2016)
· Contractor Data Requirements Tracking
· Provide data management assistance
· Marketing Assistance
· Documentation Support
· Editing Support
· Proposal Management Support
· Other duties as required in a business environment
|Work will be a maximum of 10 Hours per week|
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 70 hours’ college credit with an emphasis in business, marketing or data management
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with SharePoint and MS 365 services preferred.
If interested in the below position, please send your resume and hours you would be available to work during a normal business day to: Parker Castle firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Associate: Pillar Global Solutions, Inc. (03/2016 – ongoing)
Successful candidate will participate in the daily operations of a IT solutions provider leveraging technical expertise, analytical and social skills to provide value to the team and the company’s customers.
- see HUBZone residency requirements below
Workplace is located in downtown Fredericksburg. 10 hours/week (40 hours/month) minimum. Flexible schedule.
- Strong oral and written communication skills Understanding of information technology
- Proficiency with at least one desktop operating system (Windows, OS X, Linux, etc) Proficiency with Microsoft Office or similar application
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to break down projects and activities Into cogent, manageable, sub-tasks
Desired (not required) skills:
- Experience with web site design and construction (sharepoint or other technology) and ability to make routine changes
- Familiarity with social media marketing
- Experience working with computers and networking
Candidate MUST reside in a HUBZone; most of downtown qualifies. See map to search: http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/
SALARY LEVEL S8.50 – 12.50/HR DOE
Submit email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with ‘UMWHire’ in the subject.
Financial Planner: ING Financial Partners
Success. For you and your clients. Earn the ability to create your own financial success through helping clients enjoy their own. You don’t need prior finance experience to join us, but you do need energy, great people skills, a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit. We’ll provide training, resources and support you’ll need to do better than your best.
McAdam Financial Group is an Independent firm that offers securities through ING Financial Partners. We are expanding our adviser force and looking for motivated candidates that are passionate about being a Financial Adviser and building a career in that field. Currently we have opportunities in the New York City Metro markets, Philadelphia Metro, D.C. Metro markets, Boston Metro and the Chicago Metro area.
ING Financial Partners
ING Financial Partners, Inc. provides customers and Financial Advisers with a vital link to the latest financial products and services in the marketplace. A relationship with ING Financial Partners gives the Financial Adviser access to the essential information and resources that help bring clients closer to their financial goals.
ING Financial Partners is part of the ING family and is a network of Independent financial professionals. ING U.S. is a subsidiary of Dutch-based ING Groep NV. In the U.S., the ING (NYSE: ING) family of companies offers a comprehensive array of financial services to retail and institutional clients, which includes life insurance, retirement plans, mutual funds, managed accounts, alternative investments, institutional investment management, annuities, employee benefits and financial planning. ING holds top-tier rankings in key U.S. markets and serves approximately 20 million customers across the nation.
What a financial adviser does:
- Identifies and sets appointments with potential clients.
- Meets with clients to assess their financial needs.
- Develops a customized financial plan to address each client’s outlined goals.
- Maintains strong relationships with clients, helping them to track their progress over time.
- Provides ongoing consultation and support.
Some of the features of this position include:
- One on one training from seasoned Leaders in the financial planning industry locally.
- A comprehensive, training program that includes financial planning, marketing techniques, consultative selling, client service and regulatory compliance.
- Local and national marketing support, including brand advertising that will help to expand and grow client relationships.
- Finance plan with uncapped earning potential.
- Extensive product offering covering virtually every category – including mutual funds, stocks, CDs, IRAs, insurance, annuities, etc.
- The opportunity to build and grow relationships with clients that can last over years or even decades.
- Numerous career path options, including the financial advisor, compliance, field management and corporate opportunities.
- Average income for novice Financial Advisers in the training program typically range from 70,000 to 100,000. Income for experienced Financial Advisers, or candidates with sales experience, is significantly larger. There is no cap on the income of a Financial Advisor.
· Bachelor’s degree
· U.S. Citizenship or Permanent residency
*Securities and Advisory Services offered through ING Financial Partners, member SIPC. McAdam Financial Group is not a subsidiary of, nor controlled by, ING Financial Partners, Inc.
Please send cover letter and resume to Victoria Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org.