PLEASE SCROLL DOWN PAGE FOR ADDITIONAL INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Downtown Greens, Marketing Internship (09/17)
Founded in 1997 Downtown Greens is an earth-friendly non-profit in downtown Fredericksburg that maintains 2.8 acres of urban greenspace for the whole community to enjoy. Downtown Greens also provides the community with youth programming and eco-workshops.
Position: Marketing Intern
Objective: Boost the visibility of the organization and promote fundraising campaigns through the creation of a portfolio of targeted visual communication.
Responsibilities could include:
● Creating social media content and printed materials (newsletter, save the date event materials, thank you letters)
● Updating website content
● Creating or redesigning Powerpoint presentation for community outreach
● Designing printed outreach material – thanking donors, attracting new donors, introducing people to the garden (brochure), event material (Save the date, thank you letters)
● Creating a teaser video from content that has already been collected as well as collecting additional content necessary.
● Designing packaging for some of the products from the garden that we sell
● Writing press releases for fundraising campaigns
We would also love a candidate who is prepared to assist with the creation of a marketing plan for the organization.
This is an unpaid internship eligible for college credit. The total number of hours are flexible based on how many credits the candidate is seeking.
The internship would require a weekly or bi-weekly check-in visit to the Downtown Greens site depending on the task and the size of the internship. Many parts of the tasks can be done remotely, though a portion of the content will have to be gathered on-site.
Sports Marketing Internship, Canes Baseball/Dynamic Baseball (08/17)
To apply, please contact Dan Gitzen, General Manager for the Canes Baseball Program and the National Tournament & Showcase Director for Dynamic Baseball, at email@example.com.
Dynamic Baseball is a Tournament & Showcase for profit company that hosts more than 80 travel baseball tournaments and showcases per year (www.dynamicbaseball.org).
Canes Baseball is a nonprofit travel baseball organization that contains 90+ teams across the US (www.canesbaseball.net)
We are seeking interns in the sports management field to assist in the areas of:
– Social media management & promotion
– Website management & development
– Day to Day operations
– Team acquisition
– Customer Service
– Registration & Finance collection
– Apparel & Hard Good sales
Both companies are legitimate multi-million dollar companies and two of the most respected in their respective fields in the United States.
Additionally we hold partnerships with over 200 college baseball & athletic departments as well as a corporate sponsorship from New Balance, Wilson, Louisville Slugger, Demarini, ATEC and Evoshield. Our connections within the sports world are very, very strong as we regularly have coaches and employees go onto find jobs in the sports coaching and management realm.
Lastly our offices are located in West Wood Office Park which is about 5 mins. from UMW’s campus on Route 3.
We are looking for interns to start for the Fall, Spring and Summer sessions.
ADMINISTRATIVE AIDE POSITION, UMW Procurement Services
The Procurement Services Administrative Aide is primarily clerical.
- Knowledge of standard office principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of the basic capabilities and functions of Microsoft Office applications software, including but not limited to Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of basic math principles.
- Knowledge of principles of business English, grammar and punctuation.
- Knowledge of principles of business communications including telephone and email etiquette.
- Skill in using general office equipment such as telephone, fax, printers, copiers, and personal computers.
- Skill in recording, saving (electronic files), and retrieving general information from paper files, electronic files and the web.
- Skill in communicating professionally and effectively with others both orally and in writing.
- Skill in dealing professionally and effectively with the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Organizational ability
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to: completing required forms for destruction of documents and preparing the documents for destruction per policies and procedures; removing, filing and/or refiling documents from files or folders in existing file cabinets; performing data entry; using state or university web-based systems to complete tasks or processes, web research and reporting; using system-prepared reports to review files for completeness or accuracy; organizing files or file cabinets per instructions; preparing and sending email requests, or making phone calls to UMW faculty and staff or suppliers in conjunction with tasks; and other similar duties as assigned. This position may encounter highly sensitive data or proprietary vendor data that must be considered confidential.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work involves sedentary to light work in an office setting. There is frequent need to sit, bend, stand, pull, push, talk or hear, use the hands and occasionally lift light objects (up to 30 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday.
MINIMUM PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: one (1) year of clerical or office-related experience..
To apply, please contact:
CSA, SPCC Program Administrator
University of Mary Washington
Director of Social Media Intern (06/2017)
Hard Work Publishing LLC is a new “traditional” publishing company. By the use of the term “traditional” that indicates there are no charges for authors under contract for any of the services provided by our company. We are not “subsidy publishers” or a “vanity press.” Hard Work Publishing sells books written by our authors and pays them royalties. We will publish books across a full spectrum of topics. Books are printed, bound, warehoused and shipped directly to end users, to book order filling companies serving the retail book trade and to retail book sellers directly. Books are also available across the full range of E formats. We are members of the Independent Book Publishers Association and are making application to the American Book Sellers Association as a Publisher Associate.
We are seeking an intern to work with us in developing our social media platform. This intern will be given the responsibility of looking at our needs and using the various platforms contained in milieu of social media to construct a program that will give Hard Work Publishing recognition and exposure to readers and book sellers alike. Areas of focus will include, but not be limited to, Linkedin, You Tube, Goodreads, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and Pinterest. There will also be some involvement in writing press releases.
An intern who is looking for a high stress position will be disappointed at Hard Work Publishing. We take business seriously, but at the same time adopt a laid-back approach. There are no office hours or normally a need to be at a location at a certain time or place. The work can be done from nearly anywhere. There will of course be daily conversations with the various other directors and the Publisher. While we all have last names we don’t use them among ourselves.
We expect this to be an internship that will return three units to the intern. Monetary recompense will be discussed during the interview process. There is certainly the opportunity for the internship to convert to regular employment in the future.
There is one condition the selected intern must accept as part of an agreement to join Hard Work Publishing. The intern has to agree to join us and have fun everyday and we will make it up as we go.
Pathways Intern Student Trainee (Defense Contract Audit Agency (DoD) (06/2017)
Vacancies: Many Vacancies in the D.C Metro Area
Are you looking for an inclusive and employee-friendly work environment, challenging assignments, specialized training and generous benefits? At DCAA, you’ll find all this in a progressive organization dedicated to continuous improvement. DCAA is ranked in the top third of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government.” Join the elite cadre of auditors who have made DCAA their employer of choice. You will be providing a unique service to your country and making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere!
The Pathways Internship Program offers candidates the opportunity to gain valuable on-the-job training and experience related to the Auditing career field. Interns may work full-time or part-time schedules.
Students who successfully complete the internship program may be eligible for conversion to a permanent appointment without further competition. To be eligible for conversion, you must be a U.S. Citizen; complete at least 640 hours of work experience acquired through the Internship Program (*up to 320 hours may be waived under specific conditions); successfully complete your degree or certificate requirements from a qualifying institution; meet the qualification requirements for the position to which you will be converted; meet agency-specific requirements as outlined in the Participant’s Agreement; and must have performed successfully in your position as documented through performance evaluations.
- Provides audit support services to management and staff in the assigned office.
- Assists in the compilation, arrangement, and evaluation review of data to be included in contract audit work papers and
- Examines routine documents and records to verify computation accuracy.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate audit administrative files, time control information and data in support of audit team.
- Must be enrolled at a qualifying educational institution at least half time (two-year or four year)
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a scale of 4.0
Salary: GS-3/GS-4 ($26,150- $38,158)
- Location: Many vacancies in the following locations:Columbia, MD Greenbelt, MD Linthicum, MD
- Arlington, VA Falls Church, VA Hampton County, VA Herndon, VA McLean, VA Reston, VA
How to Apply: DCAA-HQ-17-1001383
Contact: Recruitment@DCAA.MIL for more information.
National Park Service Internship (02/2017)
Agency Description: The National Park Service is a bureau within the Department of the Interior. The National Park Service preserves unimpaired the natural and cultural resources and values of the National Park System for the enjoyment, education, and inspiration of this and future generations. The Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park (FRSP) encompasses four major civil war battlefields, Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, Wilderness and Spotsylvania. The park was authorized by an act of Congress on February 14, 1927. The park encompasses well over 8,000 acres spread over 145 square miles in four counties and one independent city. The park preserves, protects, and interprets the cultural resources of four major battles of the American Civil War.
Position Overview: Hours-20 hours per week, unpaid/college credit only. Under general supervison, the Facility Management Intern will provide overall support to division personnel and gain insight into the federal government.
Administrative Duties: Assignments will vary and include copying, mail distribution, filing (personnel, fleet, historic documents, contract files, etc.); provide general office support, database maintenance; serve as housing management assistant; attend weekly management meetings, schedule preconstruction meetings and prepare procurement packages for contracting. Enter project close-outs and type condition inspection findings. Prepare/Update Job Hazard Analysis presentations. Participate in the park’s Environmental Management Program panel and gather needed documentation. Assist with the charge card fleet program, and other duties as assigned.
*Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stretching. Additionally, requires the ability to travel from one location to another at the park and must possess a valid driver’s license.
Education Requirements: Enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program in Business Administration or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Possess excellent grammar, punctuation and proofreading skills. Have excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships both internally and with the public.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service, work alone and efficiently with little supervision.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
Upon selection the intern can begin immediately working a minimum of 20 hours/ per week.
Application Deadline: 28 April 2017 (or until the position has been filled
Please complete next section (Application Information) and return form and resume to:
Lupe O’Neill, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to her attention at:
Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park
207 Freedom Court
Fredericksburg, VA, 22408
Riverside Foundation for the Performing Arts (11/2016)
The Riverside Foundation for the Performing Arts is seeking an intern to assist with launching its fundraising program. This position will involve researching and writing grants as well as developing a donor database. Assistance with event organizing and planning will also be required. Preference will be given to candidates with design experience, as we are currently developing our website and will also be creating an annual newsletter.
The mission of the Riverside Foundation for the Performing Arts is to promote, enhance, and fund the awareness of and participation in the performing arts by children, adults, and senior adults of all economic levels as:
- An avenue for educational and personal growth;
- A means of enhancing personal self-esteem through expression of native and developing talents;
- A vehicle for therapeutic exercise in maintaining optimal mental/physical health.
In addition, the Foundation seeks to provide tangible resources, inclusive of personal training and print, audio and visual materials for participative programs in drama, music, dance, education, and aesthetic self-expression.
This internship is available for college credit. Please send resume to Managing Director, Colleen Beirne at email@example.com.
Legal Office Assistant (Bi-lingual Preferred) TNG Legal, PLC – Fredericksburg, VA (11/2016)
$10 – $14 an hour – Part-time
Solo law practice in Fredericksburg, Virginia, seeking legal office assistant.
Hours: Monday – Thursday 9:30-5:30, Friday 9am-12pm or 9am-1pm (possibly rotating at employer’s discretion) *hours subject to change
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
Assisting with a wide variety of administrative and clerical tasks, administrative support for attorney and paralegal, answering phones, screen calls, scheduling appointments, maintaining calendars, contacting clients, completing follow up, contacting outside agencies, law firms, courts, outside counsel etc… filing court documents in courthouse, legal research and legal writing, drafting letters, drafting court documents, drafting legal documents, opening and closing files, making copies, sort and distribute all incoming mail; hand deliver correspondence as necessary, retrieve and keep track of faxes, accepting payments, bookkeeping, social media marketing, back up when paralegal is out of the office, other duties as assigned.
· Assist with maintaining existing and former client relationships
· Interact with clients and prospects via e-mail, phone and outside of the office
· Respond to questions about services
· Develop marketing and informational materials
· Conduct various marketing campaigns
· Survey and Follow up with clients and prospects
· Effectively communicate with clients, prospects, others in community
· Conduct client needs analysis and implement solutions to accommodate client needs
· Conduct market research and utilize results to develop marketing strategies and campaigns
· Promote content throughout the website, newsletters, articles, targeted mailings and via social media using compelling headlines and summaries
· Work with manager to ensure that social media, website, newsletter, content is relevant, timely, accurate and consistent with the company’s vision and standards
· Maintain online profiles and directories
· Other duties as assigned
· 1-2 years of Education beyond high-school in business OR 1-2 years of professional experience in an office environment, preferably a law office
· Ability to develop creative, unique, attention grabbing materials
· Strong consulting, writing, editing, proofreading, and communication skills
· Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite is required
· Able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
· Keen attention to detail and professional demeanor, must be punctual, dependable
· Ability to work efficiently with little to no supervision
· Must be able to type and be proficient with a computer
· Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
· Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and use independent judgment
· Excellent verbal and written (including excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation and proofreading)
· Ability to interact professionally with clients, attorneys, and staff
· Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
· Conscientious worker with ability to plan, organize, and execute
· Ability to handle escalated issues in a timely and professional manner and remain calm under pressure
· Self-starter and have an ability to see the process through from start to finish
· Capable of handling a large number of calls and e-mails
· Must be able to analyze a situation and respond quickly in a courteous and professional manner
· Ability to work with confidential information
· Reliable transportation
Rate: $10.00-$14.00 based on demonstrated experience and skills
Preferred: Bilingual (Spanish)/ Writing and Speaking
Benefits: This position does not have benefits
This position will be open until it is filled
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample (writing sample is voluntary, but preferred and will be requested if you are granted an interview). Please read all of the requirements of the position before applying. Your application will not be considered if you do not follow all of the instructions in this ad.
WRITING SAMPLE (VOLUNTARY, BUT PREFERRED): Can be any original written content that you produced/developed that exhibits your unique, creative writing capabilities, grammar, legal writing skills and analytical capabilities.
COVER LETTER (REQUIRED): The cover letter should describe explain why you believe you are the best candidate for the position any unique abilities or attributes you have that may compensate for a lack of experience in this field and how your skills are a good fit for the position. Please state in your cover letter whether or not you are fluent in Spanish and your typing speed.
Orthopedics Device Sales Intern: Supreme Orthopedic Headquarters (6/2016)
Location: Supreme Orthopedic Headquarters in Marriottsville, Maryland servicing the Maryland, DC and Northern Virginia Region
Full or Part Time: Full-Time, Post Graduate
Paid Internship: This is a Paid Internship
Supreme Orthopedic Systems is a leading distributor of premier orthopedic devices and implants; representing the most innovative manufacturers in the industry. Our sales team provides product support and education throughout all of Maryland, Washington DC, and Virginia. Our mission is to consistently anticipate and fulfill the evolving needs of the orthopedic community by providing access to innovative technology, uncompromising service and perpetual education.
Interns will be trained in various facets of the orthopedics device industry including but not limited to:
Orthopedic Anatomy and Pathology
Products and associated surgical techniques
The intern will report directly to the Designated Sales Manager.
Projected Intern Responsibilities:
Observing and reporting on surgical procedures
Attend weekly training
Field Rotation among Sales Managers in various geographic locations within the distributorship
Participate in all team training events including Labs
Participate in team meetings and brainstorming sessions
Prefer BS/BA in Biological Science, Kinesiology, Athletic Training, Sports Medicine, Marketing or Public Relations
Prefer GPA of 3.0 or higher
Prefer Student Athlete
Excellent interpersonal, oral, written, and communication/presentation skills
Ability to work well with diverse groups of people OR
Comfortable talking with and interacting with others
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Tim Hadley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
order to achieve the best results for our managers, employees, our Team and our company.
Please contact Brian Hong at email@example.com to apply.
Marketing Internship: Mental Health America of Fredericksburg (MHAF) (ongoing)
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: Coordinates a variety of marketing & communications projects as a means of assisting Mental Health America of Fredericksburg (MHAF) with advancing their mission and achieving organizational goals & objectives. Direct supervision for this position is provided by the Executive Director. Other members of the staff will serve as resources and mentors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as a communications coordinator for a wide variety of projects on behalf of MHAF including, but not limited to:
- Researches and writes copy for a variety of media relations activities such as news releases, public service announcements, crisis communications and news conferences.
- Researches and writes copy for web development projects.
- Coordinates internet marketing and social media projects
- Assists in the development and implementation of advertising, communications, public relations and marketing plans.
- Demonstrates professional behavior that supports the mission, vision and values of MHAF.
- Assures that deadlines are established and met for timely completion of assigned projects.
- Maintains consistency in the design, style and usage of printed materials according to approved graphic standards of MHAF
- Completes other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Actively pursuing or recently completed a degree in English,
communications, public relations, marketing, advertising, journalism or other related field.
SKILLS: Good oral, written and visual communications skills are required.
EFFORT: Sedentary, with light lifting & strength requirements.
HOURS OF WORK: Three-month winter internship. 10-20 hours/week
OTHER: Self-starter who is skilled in writing, special event coordination, print production, advertising, visual arts and/or media relations. Also must have general knowledge in word processing, desktop publishing and internet technology.]
Submit cover letter and resume to: Rita Girard, Executive Director, RitaGirard@mhafred.org
Human Resources Intern – Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center (11/2016)
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center is a $175 million hospital with 133-beds and all rooms are private and provide a wide range of in- and outpatient services, including 24-hour emergency care, obstetrics, diagnostic imaging, intensive care, cardiac catheterization and psychiatric care. Located on a 75-acre campus south of Fredericksburg on Interstate 95, the hospital has a cancer treatment center next to the Pogonia Medical Arts Building, an 80,000-square-foot medical office building attached to the hospital.
Hours: 16 hours per week. Unpaid/college credit only. Under general supervision, the Human Resources Intern will provide overall support to the Human Resources team at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center. Through effective organization and completion of Human Resources projects, assignments and database maintenance, the Human Resources Intern will be a key member of the team supporting approximately 600 employees of the facility.
Assignments will vary. Typical assignments may include preparation of communication material, assisting with the development of training materials, preparing spreadsheets and other documents, maintaining databases and creating reports, auditing documents, answering phones and providing customer service, filing documents, assisting with event planning, assisting with recruitment. May work with various levels of management to assist with projects, research issues or develop programs. May rotate within various HR functions.
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer and other office equipment. Requires the ability to travel from one location to another on campus. May on occasion be required to move boxes or other material weighing up to 30 pounds.
Currently enrolled in a Bachelors Degree program in Human Resources or related field. Must have completed at least two semesters of core courses within the declared Major.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
General knowledge of methods and procedures pertaining to Human Resources, Organizational Development, Training, Recruitment or other related field. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others. Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely in written and oral form. Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and typing and data entry. Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize tasks and manage resources. Ability to provide a high level of customer service.
Please send cover letter and resume to Anne McWilliams, Human Resources Business Partner at Anne.McWilliams@hcahealthcare.com.
Nicole Cole Financial Services Group
Financial Planning Internship Job description
Small business owner currently seeking energetic, fast-learner, with great goal planning, organization, time management, and computer skills (MS office applications, ability to learn additional software programs); must be dependable and responsible; ability to interact professionally with other staff, owner, and clients; to work as a financial planning sales associate intern. Three month commitment.
Train on insurance and financial planning [Internship is preparation for a Junior Planner / Sales Associate Position]
Prepare for and take insurance licensing exam.
General office support to include answering phones, greeting customers, copying, sorting mail, faxing documents and filing. Customer service calls.
Assist in developing standard operating procedures manual Create and maintain reports using Microsoft Excel, Word, and special financial software Light accounting data entry. General administrative support to Owner.
Assist in creating/sending correspondence with and client files going to Supervisory office(s)
Excellent computer skills a must 3+ years experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Organized, dependable and able to work independently.
Compensation & Benefits:
Owner offers a stipend and refunds insurance licensing cost when license is earned.
Owner will enhance experience through lunch and learns with other financial professionals to build intern’s networking skills; and reading/project assignments, to build business knowledge.
Please send resume and cover letter to Nicol Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing and Client Relationship Internship
Financial Advisory Firm currently seeking energetic, fast-learner, with great organization, time management, and computer skills (MS office applications, ability to learn, implement and train on additional software programs); must be dependable and responsible; ability to interact professionally with other staff, owner, and clients; to work as an intern in my Fredericksburg office.
Establish office CRM system: intern will be responsible for updating our in office client relationship management system. Expectations –
o Learn CRM software – training modules and technical support readily available
o Set up databases to facilitate use of CRM program. Databases to include client, wholesale and employee, and workflow system (i.e., integrated correspondence)
o Develop training program for office staff (3-4 employees)
o Train office staff on use of CRM system
o Create Standard Operating Procedure for Client Relationship Management
Marketing & Media Integration: intern will be responsible for
o Analyze and learn the existing and other available media for communicating consistently with clients and potential clients
o Determine methods for effectively generating new clients. Intern will work with affiliated marketing company to determine efficient methods for our firm.
o Create a marketing and media schedule for communicating with clients regularly and consistently
o Identify content to match with media schedule (subscriptions to content readily available), format relevant content to compliance standards, and get compliance approval
o Set up existing software and or recommend necessary software to implement the communications on an on-going basis. (System should be established such that it can easily be continued after the internship ends.)
o Train staff on the media schedule and usage prior to end of internship.
o Study SOP’s which are natural for the Financial Planning industry and those relevant to business ownership (training materials and references provided)
o General office support to include answering phones, greeting customers, copying, sorting mail, faxing documents and filing. (Note that this is the primary responsibility of office administrator.)
o Database management
o General administrative support to Owner.
o Assist in creating client correspondence related to marketing programs
Excellent computer skills a must 3+ years experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
Wordpress management and website building skills preferred. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Organized, dependable and able to work independently.
Owner will enhance internship experience through lunch and learns with other professionals in the financial service industry to build intern’s networking skills and encourage reading assignments to build business and financial planning knowledge.
Please send resume and cover letter to Nicol Cole at email@example.com.