The COB Business Scholar is a competitive scholarship program available to incoming freshman. Business Scholar recipients will receive $5000 per year ($2500 per semester). The scholarships are renewable for three additional years (for a total of $20,000) if minimum expectations (please see below) regarding GPA and progress toward a business degree are met.
In order to be considered for a COB Freshmen Recruiting Scholarship, a high school graduate must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Have been admitted to the University of Mary Washington.
- Cumulative 3.75 or higher grade point average.
- SAT score of 1220 (1600 scale) or ACT score of 27.
- Have demonstrated extracurricular activities involvement.
- Have exhibited leadership.
- Have completed a declaration of intent to major in business.
To renew the scholarship a student must:
- Make progress towards achieving a business degree, earning at least 9 credit hours in BUAD courses each academic year.
- Maintain an overall 3.25 grade point average.
- Maintain a minimum 3.25 grade point average in all business courses.
The completed application must be submitted online by March 1, 2014. The College of Business Scholarship Committee may request Skype interviews with each candidate. Recipients will be notified by April 15, 2014.